Cross Phase Learning
We are very lucky to be able to work with skilled specialist teachers in our secondary school. This week Mr Pleunik taught history to Year two, and Mr Keightley taught year 10 about the Cold War as well as Art swaps with TAs supporting Miss Hyde in secondary, and Mr Mitchinson in Food Tech. We had a maths swap too with Miss Coxhead in Year one and Miss Amphlett in secondary too. This has widened our teachers development, and the children have enjoyed different styles of teaching.
Drop Off Times
Please remember that the drop off zone, and the school day is from 815am. We are unable to supervise children waiting at the door before 815am.
Pop Art Designs
Henry designed a shoe using a pop art technique that Mr Mitchinson had taught the class about in their All About Art unit. Mr Mitchinson used his design to create the real thing, and Henry gets to take them home and wear them!
Stani made a Kangaroo using cardboard, paper and glue. He told me that the kangaroo had hearts in his eyes because he loves our school!
Dates for the Diary
- Wednesday 16th May—NO SWIMMING
- w/b 14th May—SATS week
- Monday 14th—Wednesday 16th May—Kingswood Residential
- Friday 18th May—Y2 Sleepover (TBC)
- Thursday 24th May—Paragon events
- Friday 25th May—Reception Ladyland Farm trip
- Friday 25th May—End of term
- Monday 4th June—Back to school
- w/b 11th June—Phonics screening week