Premiums and funding
What is pupil premium funding?
The Secretary of State for Education lays down the following terms and conditions on which assistance is given in relation to the pupil premium grant (PPG) payable to schools and local authorities for the financial year beginning 1 April 2016.
PPG provides funding for two policies:
- raising the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities to reach their potential
- supporting children and young people with parents in the regular armed forces
Who does it provide for?
Pupil premium provides funding for pupils in the following categories:
- Children who have been in receipt of free school meals (FSM) since the age of 4 in year groups reception to year 6 (£1320 per child)
- Children who have been in receipt of free school meals (FSM) at any point in the past 6 years (£935 per child)
- Children who have been continuously looked after for the past six months (£1900 per child)
- Children who are adopted from care under the Adoption and Children Act 2002 or who have left care under a Special Guardianship or Residence Order (Post LAC) (£1900 per child)
- Those children whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces or were eligible for funding in the last 4 years (Ever 4 Service Child) (£300 per child)
Our Pupil Premium Report
This report details the expenditure of funding, allocated from the Government, to support the narrowing of the attainment gap between disadvantaged pupils and all other pupils. Therefore funding is provided to support those children who are eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) and those children who are in the care of the Local Authority (LAC).
At The Gatwick School we are working hard to reduce gaps between FSM and non-FSM children and to ensure that all children attain age-related expectations, despite any level of disadvantage. The Government now wish for schools to report this expenditure to parents.
This report also contains our Yr 7 Literacy + Numeracy Catch-Up Premium expenditure.
You can download the report here.
PE and Sports Premium
2015-2016 – £8,205
The Gatwick School spent £33,312 on PE Expenditure in total. This included £31,570 on Premier Sport consultant teaching for both Primary and Secondary teaching. Premier Sport teachers covered Primary PPA time and taught Year 7 and Year 8 PE lessons.