Re: The Gatwick School Secondary Phase Uniform Expectations
As we commence a new academic year, I would like to take this opportunity to update parents and carers in regard to the schools uniform expectation at The Gatwick School.
The Gatwick School has very high expectations and standards for all its pupils. We encourage students to look smart and work in a professional environment, this we believe prepares our pupils for the world of work and employability. We expect all pupils to follow the uniform expectations with consistence and with pride. Smart uniform and overall good presentation is key and identities each pupil as part of The Gatwick School community.
• Students should wear black non skinny/tight school skirts (knee length) or school trousers
• Students should wear a white blouse or shirt
• Students should wear a The Gatwick School Logo’d cardigan or Jumper
• Students should wear The Gatwick School House tie and Logo’d school blazer
• Students should wear The Gatwick School Logo’d PE Kit
• Students should wear black shoes that can be polished. No trainers or canvas shoes are acceptable
• Students should have no facial piercings including nose studs (or retainers) and/or tongue piercings.
• Hijabs should be plain black or dark blue.
The Gatwick School uniform can be purchased from our uniform suppliers; Sussex Uniforms, Units 1&2 Bridge Road Business Park, Bridge Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1TX.
No other outer garments will be allowed to be worn in the school building e.g. hoodies, gilets, coats etc. These may be confiscated if the pupil repeatedly wears them in the school building (along with electronic gadgets).
You may review the uniform and jewellery policy on the school website (here). Please find the jewellery policy in AAT (Aurora Academies Trust) policies at the bottom of the policies page or by clicking this link.
If you have any questions or would like to clarify anything, in the first instance please speak to your child’s Progress Leader.
Thank you for your continued support,
Sonya Hyde, Assistant Headteacher