We are writing in regards to your child’s upcoming GCSEs and eBac exams in Spanish.
The MFL department has created a range of extra opportunities for students to work on their language and exams skills.
- Google classroom (with access to Power Point presentations, exercises, videos and homework)
- Duolingo (interactive platform for speaking, writings, listening and reading practice) All students are expected to download it onto their devices and spend 5 minutes a day practicing their skills.
- Lunchtime Spanish club on Wednesdays.
- Extra staff member (until the end of term) available to help students with their homework/coursework.
We have noticed that only a handful of students have been taking full advantage of extra help and opportunities provided by the MFL department.
As you are aware all students are expected to sit their Spanish GCSE/EBac in May 2019. We strongly encourage all students to engage fully, as they have not had the advantage of being taught Spanish since Year 7.
We also strongly suggest that the following publications are bought as a means of preparation/revision before each progress check:
- GCSE AQA Spanish Complete Revision and Practice CGP ISBN 978-1-78294-548-2
- GCSE AQA Spanish Higher Oxford University Press ISB 978-0-19-836585-3
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Mr B Pickett & Mr S Ygon, Teachers of MFL